1) Did you have any more benefits? If so, what are they?
2) List at least five common (or uncommon!) misconceptions people may have of babywearing in terms of disadvantages/drawbacks. For each point, explain why they may think this, and state why it is a misconception.
3) List at least three misconceptions people may have of in-arms carrying in terms of disadvantages/drawbacks. For each point, explain why they may think this, and state why it is a misconception.
4) List as many actual disadvantages of babywearing and in-arms carrying, and why they are so.
5) How may babywearing and in-arms carrying potentially be a resilience-based intervention for ACEs, and why do we need to be careful about promoting them as such?
Does infant carrying promote attachment?
Study (full text downloadable below) – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2245751
Blog post – http://blog.ergobaby.com/2012/01/does-infant-carrying-promote-attachment/
Maternal-Infant Bonding – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2379718/
Klaus and Kennell Bonding Theory – http://www.bondingandbirth.org/papers-and-articles-klaus.html
Attachment vs Attachment Parenting – http://evolutionaryparenting.com/attachment-versus-attachment-parenting/
Breastfeeding & Babywearing – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22734604
Resilience-based Interventions (ACEs) – www.urbanchildinstitute.org/resources/videos/combating-adverse-childhood-experiences-through-resilience-based-interventions[/text_block]