Questions and Further Reading
1) Did you have any more benefits? If so, what are they?
2) List at least five common (or uncommon!) misconceptions people may have of babywearing in terms of disadvantages/drawbacks. For each point, explain why they may think this, and state why it is a misconception.
3) List at least three misconceptions people may have of in-arms carrying in terms of disadvantages/drawbacks. For each point, explain why they may think this, and state why it is a misconception.
4) List as many actual disadvantages of babywearing and in-arms carrying, and why they are so.
5) How may babywearing and in-arms carrying potentially be a resilience-based intervention for ACEs, and why do we need to be careful about promoting them as such?
Does infant carrying promote attachment?
Study (full text downloadable below) - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2245751
Blog post - http://blog.ergobaby.com/2012/01/does-infant-carrying-promote-attachment/
Maternal-Infant Bonding - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2379718/
Klaus and Kennell Bonding Theory - http://www.bondingandbirth.org/papers-and-articles-klaus.html
Attachment vs Attachment Parenting - http://evolutionaryparenting.com/attachment-versus-attachment-parenting/
Breastfeeding & Babywearing - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22734604
Resilience-based Interventions (ACEs) - www.urbanchildinstitute.org/resources/videos/combating-adverse-childhood-experiences-through-resilience-based-interventions