Hey! I’m guessing you’re here because you’re passionate about baby carrying and its benefits, as well as slings and carriers? You love supporting families on the path they’re taking, and you’re thinking about learning more to take that support to the next level? Maybe you’re an experienced consultant but are looking for something fresh and different to get your professional teeth into to transform your consultancy? Well, you’re in the right place!
“I felt compelled to create this new course because, although there are some fantastic courses out there, I know I have something different to bring to the table. This course covers the usual areas you would expect, but has lots more to offer on top. Growth is so important, and that comes from direction, discussion and debate, as well as information.” – Mel, Carried
Our big USP is the in-arms carrying expertise we bring to the table. We have so much in-arms focus, which helps us to revolutionise how we use slings and carriers, that it means you receive a BONUS qualification of In-arms Carrying Peer Supporter! In-arms carrying is recognised as a therapy by insurers BGi.
Also, we know that most people starting out as a consultant crave support, direction and the occasional nudge (or push!) to get themselves out there, and that the babywearing community needs these amazing people shaping the future with their unique talents!
What we offer enables you to support parents confidently and discover what direction you want to head in. Confident and inspired consultants who are committed to carrying on their learning and growth post-course have a real impact that goes beyond the support of families. Together, our ripples join together and create that tidal wave of change!
So, how do you get to that place? Here’s all the good stuff…..the Carried Consultancy Course is a unique course which includes:
16 online pre-training self-study modules (16+ hours – not including further reading)
4 in-person training days (2x 2 full days – 36 hours total, including breaks)
2x half-day conference call sessions (8hrs total, including breaks)
Full colour course manual
Post-course modules, resources and assignment
6 months one-to-one mentoring (6x 30min calls)
Private online support groups
Course Content Includes:
* Carrying Safely * Benefits of Holding & Carrying * History of Baby Carrying * Cultural Appropriation & the Babywearing Industry * Primates and Carrying * Physiology of Baby * Physiology of Caregivers * Carrying and Comfort * In-arms carrying * Physiological Carrying Positions * Baby Handling * Caring for Baby & Caregiver’s Bodies * Stretches, Movement & Exercise * Language & Communication * Tutorials * Learning Styles and Theories * Principles of Tightening * Defining Role and Boundaries * Inclusivity in the Babywearing Industry * In-arms to Babywearing * Front, Hip & Back Carries * Getting Baby onto Your Back * Knots and Finishes * Teaching Practice *
* Woven Wraps * Ring Slings * Stretchies * Asian-style Carriers * Soft Structured Carriers * Biomechanics of Carrying * Special Considerations * Kangaroo Care * Deconstructing Carries * Creative Solutions * Feeding in a Sling/Carrier * Primitive Reflexes * Postural Reflexes and Voluntary Actions * Supporting Clients * Postnatal Mental Health & Babywearing * In-arms Support Progressions * Building Your Consultancy and Networks * Planning Consultations * Planning Workshops * Creating Learning Resources * Finding Your Niche *
Download our info pack here to find out more.
Why train with Carried?
This is much more than a training course. This Consultancy Course is jam-packed with fantastic content, all packaged up in a unique delivery!
It’s not just focused on slings and carriers
We’re committed to delivering training which covers everything you need to go on and confidently teach people to use carrying aids, troubleshoot a wide range of issues, work with families with different wants and needs and more. We do this by ensuring the quality of teaching and ingraining the principles which will enable you to recreate pretty much any carry you come across. We encourage thinking outside the box to work out adapting to different situations and new carriers.
How we have structured our training means that our unique in-arms focus provides you not only with revolutionary new knowledge, but also transforms your babywearing knowledge and practice. We encourage the growth of the sling and carrier industry as well as shining a light on the importance of in-arms carrying in its own right. This course brings insights, revelations and a personal learning journey like no other!
The course starts before the in-person training begins, by way of online, self-study modules. This means that you get to explore the theory and come to the training days ready to go deeper with the group. As you will have covered a lot of the theory pre-training, it means we have extra time to spend on practical knowledge, which is essential for going on to teach others.
The pre-course modules take around 16+ hours to complete, and all answers must be handed in by 14 days before the first training day. Trainees must ensure they carve out the appropriate time to study and complete fully.
The in-person part is 4 days long, 9:00am-6:00pm each day, but split over 2 lots of 2 day sessions. This is because the course is very intense mentally, and physically, and having time in between means you have a chance to process, look further into what you’ve learned and avoid getting overwhelmed or exhausted! The second half of the course will be delivered usually anything from 2-14 days after the first day of the first half, depending on the group’s booking requirements.
This course is for you if:
- You are looking for a complete package that gives you a full and varied learning experience, as well as tailored, personal, ongoing support
- You want the geekery behind slings/carriers and carries – technical knowledge is one of our fortes!
- You don’t want to be confined to a single focus on slings/carriers
- You want a deeper focus on the tools for your toolbox
- You’re not wanting to do a course just for the “piece of paper”
- You understand the value of exploring new ideas
- You want the most up-to-date training available!
- You want encouragement, direction and accountability to build and grow your consultancy
- You appreciate the importance of continued learning and growth
- You’re heart-centred and want that to shine through in your business
- You feel there’s so much more that you could build your consultancy into
- You know you have so much to give, but thrive on focus, direction and a motivating community
- You’re a trained consultant but you feel in a bit of a rut
- You have big ideas but doubt yourself
- You want to carve a future for your babywearing career
- You’re not afraid to dream big!
If you’re someone who wants to make a difference, and is committed to giving the best of yourself to the families you work with, I’d love to work with you. Your dedication, empathy and love is going to take you to wonderful places! The possibilities for your babywearing career are unlimited, and training with like-minded people will inspire and motivate you even more. You will also have the benefit of a private, online group where you will be supported, challenged and encouraged to put in the work to make your consultancy a success.
Whatever your current skill level, you can be assured that you won’t be coming to the training days feeling overwhelmed like you’re sinking. Before booking on, we’ll have a chat to figure out where you’re at in your journey, what you feel are your stronger and weaker areas of knowledge and experience, and if you feel you need a bit more guidance. On the day, with small groups of 4-6 people maximum per course (depending on previous experience), you can be assured that you will be supported and not left behind with the practical parts. Every person also benefits from private videos which will help you with remembering and practicing after the course.
So, are you ready for an exciting new chapter in your life?
If this feels like the course for you, please book a chat with Mel to discuss your experience so far, and what you’re looking to get from the course.
2018 price: £799
Payments are accepted in full or payment plans* with a non-refundable deposit of £50 from the initial payment to secure your space.
*plus additional fee for costs incurred paying in instalments
If booking with a deposit, please get in touch to arrange a payment plan that suits your individual circumstances.
Ready to take the next step? Click below to book a chat with me to clarify if this is the right course for you, and to check for upcoming dates…..